The interface developed by Syscoon GmbH offers the possibility to perform a proper export of the bookings from Oddos finance module to DATEV. The export file itself is built in the DATEV standard format in ASCII or XML format for import. A configuration in DATEV is therefore not necessary and can be imported directly into DATEV after the month-end closing.
1. What are the most important functions of the DATEV connector app?
Let's start with the two export formats:
1.1 CSV- ASCII-Export of bookings
The standard export also works for other accounting softwares, such as Addison, Lexware and Agenda. The configuration of the CSV ASCII export offers the following setting options:
- Consultant and client number
- Validation check of the postings for conformity with DATEV
- Extensive configuration of account master and tax key
- Selection of export method between gross and net (without DATEV automatic)
- Grouping of posting lines with the same properties
- Setting of date format for other accounting systems
- Selection of standard journals
- Consideration of payment term and payment block
- Consideration of bank accounts and direct debit mandates
- Already exported entries cannot be exported more than once
- Extensive configuration options for the posting text
- Additional modules/optional
- Generation of customer and vendor numbers
- Generation of ASCII master data export
A major advantage of the XML interfaces is that, compared to the CSV ASCII export, not only incoming and outgoing invoices are taken into account, but also all accounting documents created in Odoo (incoming and outgoing invoices) can be exported in PDF format.
1.2 XML Invoice Export
The full-featured export offers the XML export including incoming and outgoing invoices as a .zip file including receipts for processing in "DATEV Unternehmen Online".
The configuration of the XML export offers the following setting options:
- Separate or joint export of incoming and outgoing invoices.
- Standard-Export ohne Buchungsdaten für die Verwendung der DATEV-Texterkennung
- Extended export with booking data
- Grouping of invoice lines with the same properties
- Consideration of payment term and payment block
Furthermore, the export interface offers the possibility to select between gross and net export and to specify the journals to be exported. There is also the possibility to validate the bookings. Thus, it is possible to have Odoo check whether the VAT rate set in an invoice matches the tax rate for the automatic account before creating entries. The configuration of the additional information required for the export, such as whether the posting account is an automatic account or which tax key is used in DATEV for the tax rate, is made in corresponding new fields in the accounts and tax rates. By installing the DATEV export interface, some fields necessary for the export are added to the posting lines.
1.3 DATEV ASCII Master Data Export
The DATEV ASCII master data export offers the export of customer and supplier master data in the familiar ASCII format. Only master data that has actually changed since the last export is exported.
The export offers the following possibilities:
- Separate or joint export of customer or supplier master data (debtors/creditors)
- Choice between formats for DATEV Accounting and DATEV Enterprise Online
- Possibility of a complete export or only new and changed master data
1.4 DATEV ASCII Booking import
The DATEV-ASCII import offers the possibility to import any bookings of leading internal accounting systems to Odoo. Mostly this module is used for the import of payroll entries or bank entries. The import offers a wide range of configuration options and can also process other imports besides the DATEV CSV-ASCII format. The only important thing at this point is that the file to be imported contains a column with debit/credit indicators.
The import offers the following possibilities:
- free configuration of the import format (preconfigured for DATEV)
- automatic matching of the posting GUID to avoid duplicate imports
- automatic balancing of open items
1.5 Number Generation
The module offers the possibility to generate customer and vendor numbers manually or automatically. Furthermore, customer and supplier numbers can be generated separately.
The number generation offers the following possibilities:
- define number ranges in the configuration
- possibility to generate separate financial accounts (not recommended)
- possibility to create independent number ranges for customer and supplier numbers
- automated generation can be specified when:
- creation of master data
- confirmation of customer or supplier order
- creation of a draft customer or supplier invoice
- possibility to copy the customer or supplier number to the reference field in the master data
2. The base configuration of the system.
After we have added the user for the finance interface in the user settings, the "Finance" interface appears under the settings in the left tree. In this area we can now make all the basic settings for the future DATEV export of our company.
3. Configuration of automatic account generation
In the Finance module settings, the following areas can be configured depending on the company's financial requirements:
- the number ranges to be used for customer and for vendor accounts
- separate accounts for partners for bookings in Odoo or numbers which can be used
- the creation operations, at which moment accounts are to be generated (when creating the partner, confirming the VK/EK or creating the invoice).
To obtain the right to use the new financial interface functions, the "Financial Interface" checkbox must be selected in the user configuration on the user to be authorized under "Other".
3.1 Location of the new import and export options in the finance app
As soon as the modules:
- DATEV ASCII-export of entries
- DATEV XML Invoice Export
- DATEV ASCII booking import
- DATEV ASCII master data export
- Numer generation
have been installed successfully, and the Finance User Interface has been activated, we will be able to see the menu item "Finance Interface" in our finance module, as can be seen in the next picture.
In the menu, we can see the following three main functions:
- Create Finance Export
- Finance Exports
- Finance Imports
If we select "Create export" and set the export mode to DATEV XML, the following export settings appear:
3.2 DATEV XML Export
In this mask we can select the date of the posting area and define which invoices will be exported. Here we choose whether the XML export includes customer invoice, supplier invoice or both invoice areas. want to export as XML export. Then we can execute the export by clicking on "Start Export".
3.3 DATEV ASCII Export
In this view we can choose a booking area, as well as select all available journals. Here with an example for PayPal.
3.4 DATEV ASCII Numbers (debitor and creditor numbers)
Here we can set separately whether we want to export only new or always all partner numbers. It is also possible to specify here whether customer, vendor or both partner areas are to be exported.
4. Financial Exports
In the Finance App, we get the overview of all exports from our system under the menu items "Finance App → Finance Interface → Finance Exports". Exports that have been carried out are listed in a separate menu item. Entries can only be exported once.
5. What needs to be consideren in Multi Company operations?
With multi-company, various things must also be taken into account. These are, among other things, that an export is always only possible from the currently selected company, since only this company has access to all objects and data. When selecting the journals in the export wizard, a different configuration must be selected. This looks as follows:
- Set sequences to correct company, duplicate for each company if necessary (export ID, customer/vendor no., customer/supplier no.)
- Deactivate DATEV check for all companies where it is not required
(General settings / Financial interface / "Perform DATEV check" checkbox)
Backwards compatible up to Odoo version 8, the DATEV Connector module is suitable for anyone who wants to simplify the booking effort in the context of a preparatory accounting, and supports in reducing personnel costs and booking effort to a minimum. If necessary, with the additional module GOBD from Syscoon "without DATEV" the accounting can also be carried out GOBD compliant.
For a smooth process, it is recommended to operate the DATEV Connector for Odoo together with the modules described here. Here, the functionalities of the individual modules should be discussed and evaluated with the balance sheet accountant or tax consultant.
You are unsure which modules you should choose to connect your Odoo system to DATEV? No problem! Contact us now, we will be happy to advise you and help you in your decision making process.